hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
I’ve been reading my friend’s Top Ten Tuesday lists for a while now. This week I decided to hop on board and participate in this weekly post myself. Why, you may ask? Well I will tell you. 1. Top Ten’s are some of my favorite things to read/hear and so I thought it would be fun. 2. I like books and so I thought it would be fun. 3. This week’s list was (in the words of my 3 yr. old) easy peezy lemon squeezy and so I thought it would be fun. 4. I thought it would be fun.
This week’s category was to pick any of the previous categories, so I chose:
Top Ten Books You Want to Reread
There are a lot of books that I could read more than once (anything by John Grisham or the Thoenes, Anne of Green Gables, the Bible (duh), any children’s book (although they aren’t usually read again and again and again by MY choice), etc.). These 10 books I chose because I enjoyed them, it has been awhile since I’ve read them and they’ve crossed my mind recently.
10. Harry Potter Series–I’m actually in the process of reading these for the 2nd time through. I’m on book #4.
9. David Copperfield–I read it in junior high and again in college. I remember loving it. It is time I read it again.
8. The Fault in Our Stars–Read it last year. Loved it. Want to read it again before the movie comes out.
7. Rilla of Ingleside–This is one of the later books in the Anne of Green Gables series. I haven’t read it in such a long time, but I love Anne’s daughter Rilla. I might have to pull this off my bookshelf and read it this week.
6. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society–This is such a great story. I’ve read it twice and just checked it out from the library to read again.
5. The Hunger Games trilogy–I read them. I watched the first two movies. Now I want to read them again to remember what all the movies missed.
4. Misty of Chincoteague–This book was a favorite of my dad’s. I have his copy from when he was a boy and I loved reading it when I was young. I just loaned it to a friend so her daughter could read it and now I want to read it again! Funny how that happens 🙂
3. Persuasion–I remember liking it better than Pride and Prejudice. I just don’t remember why. I should read it again and find out.
2. Pride and Prejudice–Because I loved it when I read it. And I miss Lizzie and Mr. Darcy.
1. The Count of Monte Cristo–I want someone to read this book so that I can discuss it with another person. I love it so. I love all of the characters. I love the adventure and the vengeance and the grace and the love. I just love it. I can’t believe I’ve only read it once all the way through.
I guess I’m a lover of the classics! What book or books would you love to reread?