hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Popular Authors I’ve Never Read
I started out making a list of the first 10 authors I could think of that I haven’t read. A lot of them were because I had chosen not to read the authors’ books either because I didn’t like the content or I just wasn’t interested in, you know, vampires.
But then I decided to think about it a little more and I’ve come up with 10 popular authors that I either can’t believe I haven’t read their books, am kind of ashamed I haven’t yet read their books, or really do plan on reading their books—shwew! I’d better get busy!
10. Lisa See I’ve been planning to read this book for awhile now.
9. Ayn Rand I feel as if I should read this or something written by her.
8. James Patterson I think I’d really like these books. Why haven’t I read one?
7. Tom Clancy I really liked the movie.
6. L. Frank Baum I liked the movie. (Technically, I read the first chapter of this book. I should go back and finish it.)
5. Lewis Carroll I liked the movie.
4. Roald Dahl I liked the movie. I feel as if I should read something by him.
3. Maya Angelou I would really like to read this book. Has anyone read it and can tell me if I’d like it or not?
2. Emily Bronte I’ve read the first two pages about 20 times. I loved her sister’s book. Emily, what is my problem with you??
1. J.R.R. Tolkien I loved the movies. I hang my head in shame. William bought me the trilogy at least 7 years ago. I bought this book this year. I will read them. I will! I will!
I look back at this list and all I can do is shrug and say, “Well…they make good movies.” Is there an author that you’d love to give a try?