Here is my list of 10 books that I want to read this spring. A few of them have just recently come out but most of them are older and only one of them, I think, is not out yet. I split the list up in three sections: books I’ve been wanting to read for awhile (so I should really get on that), books that have been recommended to me to read and books by authors that I love.
I really need to get cracking on these books:
10. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien–I bought this book for myself for Christmas. I should read it before next Christmas, don’t you think?
9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald–Same as above.
8. Bonhoeffer by Eric Mataxas–I heard an interview with this author on a radio program at least a year ago. I then purchased the book for my nook. I haven’t even started it. But the story of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and his resistance against the third reich has got to be a good story.
7. Looking for Alaska by John Green–One of the few books of his that I haven’t read and it is his first. I finally put it on hold at the library since it was never in when I would check for it.
Books recommended to me:
6. Anomaly by Krista McGee–a friend recommended this one to me because of my love for Hunger Games and Divergent.
5. The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman–my aunt told me about this book and then sent it to me in the mail. It will get read soon!
4. Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers–This book comes out next month. I have a few friends who are Francine Rivers super fans and so they told me about this one. It sounds really good, but of course. 🙂
Books by authors that I love:
3. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks–I went on a Nicholas Sparks binge a couple of summers ago and read every book of his on the library shelf. This book came out last year and I’ve not read it yet. Say whaaa?!
2. Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan–I read her book The Middle Place and laughed and cried my way through. I can’t wait to read her memoir about the relationship between mothers and daughters.
1. The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle–the author of Green Sparkly Earrings wrote a book about marriage. I can. not. wait. to read this one. I think I may need to pack extra underwear if I take this book out in public.
What books are you excited to read this spring? Or are you just excited for spring? Can I hear an AMEN?!!!