My friend Emily from The Gnoming Librarian tagged me in a book blogger test. I’m not sure I really qualify as a book blogger but who am I to argue?! I love tests and quizzes and questionnaires and so was excited when she said “tag, you’re it!”
Here are my answers…
What are your top three book pet peeves?
1. Finishing a book and realizing it is the first in a 10 book series. (or worse, realizing it is the 3rd or 4th book in a series. Do I go back and read the earlier books? Do I start-up from here?….do I just quit now?)
2. When a book is super slow and difficult and yet I persevere to the end only for there to be a bad ending. This usually makes me throw the book across the room. I expect from the author, for my perseverance in finishing the book, at least a happy ending.
3. When the back of the book just has quotes of what people said about the book instead of a blurb of the story.
Describe your perfect reading spot?
I like curling up in my bed. Usually because it takes awhile for my kids to find me and I get a solid 10 minutes of quiet reading in before they come around with their questions and their needs and their needy questions.
Tell us three book confessions.
1. I consistently dog ear book pages.
2. If the book is getting too intense, I’ll guess what is going to happen and then skip ahead to read the outcome of the intense situation to see if I’m right.
3. If I read a book that I love, I’ll then make it my life’s mission to read everything ever written by that author. I also research about the book and the author and basically become crazy stalker lady.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
At the end of Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. I got through so much of that book but the end did me in.
How many books are on your bedside table?
literally–zero. But I just checked three books out from the library and they will probably make their way up there–The Death Cure by James Dashner, Stolen by Lucy Christopher and Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading? (first typed this as favorite snack to read while eating. ironic.)
popcorn, hershey’s bar with almond and an a&w root beer
Name three books you would recommend to everyone:
1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
2. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
3. Madman by Tracy Groot
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase:
Write how much books mean to you in three words:
Just like breathing. (my husband said ‘all consuming addiction’)
What is your biggest reading secret?
This question seems so cryptic–as if I’m supposed to reveal some ancient (or at least 30+ year old) deep dark secret. I don’t know that I have an answer. I will say that I looked at no fewer than 5 other bloggers that were tagged for this quiz to see if their secrets could dredge up any forgotten memories from my past…but still nothing.
Update: I thought of one. Sometimes I read while driving. I know this is dangerous. I don’t do it when I have children in the car and this really bad habit has decreased tremendously since having children. But sometimes, on a long trip when there is nothing to listen to on the radio, I’ll grab my book.
Well that was fun! I’m tagging two bloggers:
Rachel at simple thankful radical
Amy at Bee in a Barn